I know my daughter said I could never speak again of my eventual passing or funeral, but I have one more thing to say, and it needs to be in a place where you can find it when the time comes.
So forgive me please, as I found a poem, now a song, that I would like printed on the program for my funeral.
Oliver Wendell Holmes so beautifully expresses what would be my prayer:
Thou Gracious God, Whose mercy lends
The light of home, the smile of friends,
Our gathered flock Thine arms enfold,
As in the peaceful days of old.
For all the blessings life has brought,
For all the sorrowing hours have taught,
For all we mourn, for all we keep,
The hands we clasp, the loved that sleep.
We thank Thee Father; let Thy grace
Our loving circle still embrace,
Thy mercies shed its heav’nly store,
Thy peace be with us evermore.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment