CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 27, 2006

Show Season

It's show season where I work, at Linda's Electric (Longarm) Quilters.
That means we are crazy busy printing hundreds of patterns that we roll and package by hand, ordering tons of product, planning booths, making signs and flyers, designing new products, seeing to a hundred details, etc. etc. etc. on top of our already busy, understaffed business.

The difference this year is that instead of one big show, we are doing 6 shows in the same time frame, all over the country, and with fewer people.
Another difference is that we are trying to get a new retreat in Wyoming built, ready, up and running as a business, arranging classes, food, lodging, advertising etc. for that.
Also, our small company decided this month to open a second store in Sandy, Utah--two weeks from now!! That's a whole 'nother business to start from scratch, staff, furnish, advertise, order for, etc. etc. etc.
Did I mention that we are not only understaffed, but the staff we have lacks the knowledge, experience and talent to do any of this?

Another difference is I have a stake YW calling that is very demanding right now. (Trek, YW Recognition, conferences, etc.)
I wasn't home a single night last week and I'm in charge of Stake Auxiliary training this week.

I tell you all this so you know why you haven't heard from me, and why you probably won't hear from me much for the next 6 weeks.

But reading fun and interesting blogs gets me through my exhausting days, and feeds my soul.

So carry on, and I'll pop in when I can.

"I still find each day too short
for all the thoughts I want to think,
all the walks I want to take,
all the books I want to read,
and all the friends I want to see."
--John Burrough

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, that's a lot to do. No wonder Jenn can handle her life, she grew up watching you handle yours so well. I hope all goes well and that you don't have to carry the heaviest part of the stress load, and you're getting paid right? That's gotta help somewhat. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well, and hoping you'll pop in on the blogs with your wise and witty comments.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, and I was considering calling you tonight. I guess I won't even try to get a hold of you for a while. I hope all goes well and you don't end up with an unproportionately high amount of the workload to do! I miss you!!!

jenn said...

ok- I guess you're forgiven for being MIA! can't wait for you to come, even if the stupid Sandy store stole my time with you! :)