CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 07, 2006

Hippo Birdie Two Ewes

Today is my birthday. It is a happy day!

I am happy that I was born and get to have "My Turn on Earth."

I am happy that I was born at this time, early enough to know an age of innocence and late enough to have dishwashers and Internet.

I'm happy that I was born in this country and have the freedom to think, act, speak out, and be anything I want, even if I don't know what that is.

I'm happy that I was born to my sweet Mother, and got to have such a character for a Father.

I'm happy for each sibling that I grew up with, who still play with me and define me.

I'm happy that I got to get an education and learn a little of this awesome world and its people.

I'm happy that I got to get married and have children.

I'm happy that, though I haven't always had money, I've always had a roof over my head and food to eat, and most of my life it was a good roof and good food.

I'm happy that I've been blessed with good friends all of my life.

I'm happy that I was born during the Restoration in the Fulness of Times; it has meant everything to me.

I'm happy that I've been able to see and hear and run and skip and dance and do handsprings.

I'm happy to live in this beautiful world, even if it doesn't feel like Home to me.

It is a Happy Birthday. I am so glad I was born.

6 comments:

jenn said...

What great things to be happy about! I'm glad you had a happy day! I love you! Happy Birthday!

Elizabeth said...

That is a fabulous happy list! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm glad you were born too. :)

jenny said...

What a great list of things to say on your birthday. Glad to see you had a great day!!

Micah said...

I'm happy you were born too, because that means I was. Micah is happy too. He has the best wife ever because of you!

Jill said...

This is an excellent list, I hope your day was great.

Anonymous said...

What a neat way to celebrate your birthday by having a "happy" list.

Happy Birthday!