I came home from work early today because we're having yet another storm and we lost all power.
We've had three major storms in the past month. According to the newspaper:
April 13: at least 4 tornadoes and widespread hail caused $100 million in damages.
April 24: Widespread flooding and tornado caused almost $10 million in damages.
May 2: Straight-line winds caused an estimated $75 million in damages.
Luckily my neighborhood was spared any significant damage.
It has been forecasted that in the near future Texas will have conditions similar to the great Dust Bowl in Oklahoma, and that it will be a permanent situation.
We won't soon forget the hurricanes of the last few years, or fail to notice the proven increase of earthquakes.
It makes me wonder about The Last Days. Will we all go merrily along thinking that these things are just natural occurrences, or will we have spiritual eyes to see them as Signs of the Times?
I also wonder if these events really do bring people closer to God, or not?
I can't do anything about all those other people, but I can wonder about myself.
I wonder if I don't need a few more storms to really turn my heart.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's kind of funny to me that you bring this up because I was JUST having a conversation with a non-member friend of mine about emergency preparedness and why we do it. It started a rather interesting conversation about the Last Days. I think they're closer than we realize. I better look to see if I have myself and my house in order.
Those are some frightening facts, I had no idea all of that was going on in Texas. I'm glad you've been spared any serious damage.
I don't like thinking about radical weather changes as being part of the Last Days, but it's very hard not to when there's so much of it going around. I'm always amazed at how everyone's responses are to look to God and can't help but wonder what they were doing on all those sunny days.
okay.. I just have to write you myself... I have to send you the link to my blog.. cause I just posted pictures of my parents... see if you recognize them:) you'll have to scroll down a bit.. there is even a picture of the Gross' there too!
chamberlainstory.blogspot.com
I prefer strolling along- oblivious to anything outside my routine. And my narrowmindedness gets worse with "age".
MISS YOU! Glad you were safe!
Post a Comment